INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED WRITER & AUTHOR:
Best-selling author of major works of nonfiction, Don Phillips is known for his ability to tell stories and bring history alive with crisp compelling prose. His trilogy on American leadership (Lincoln On Leadership, The Founding Fathers On Leadership, Martin Luther King, Jr. On Leadership) has won worldwide acclaim. His first book, Lincoln On Leadership, helped pave the way toward the creation of an entire new genre of books on historical leadership. Mr. Phillips is the author of more than twenty books.
BOOKS BY DONALD T. PHILLIPS
- Lincoln On Leadership (Warner Books/Hachette; 1992)
- On The Brink: The Life and Leadership of Norman Brinker (with Norman Brinker), (Summit; 1996)
- Lincoln Stories for Leaders (Summit, 1997)
- The Founding Fathers On Leadership (Warner Books/Hachette; 1997)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. On Leadership (Warner Books/Hachette; 1999)
- A Diamond In Spring (Summit; 1999)
- Leading With the Heart: Coach Co’s Successful Strategies in Basketball, Business, and Life (by Mike Krzyzewski), (Warner Books; 2000)
- Run To Win: Vince Lombardi On Coaching and Leadership (St. Martin’s Press; 2001)
- Five Point Play: The Story of Duke’s Amazing 2000-2001 Championship Season (by Mike Krzyzewski), (Warner Books; 2001).
- Unto Us A Child: Abuse and Deception in the Catholic Church (DTP/Companion Books; 2002)
- Character In Action: The U. S. Coast Guard On Leadership (with Admiral James M. Loy), (Naval Institute Press; 2003)
- One Magical Sunday (But Winning Isn’t Everything) by Phil Mickelson (Warner Books; 2005)
- Disasters: Wasted Lives, Valuable Lessons (with Randall Bell), (2005)
- The Rudy In You: A Guide to Building Teamwork, Fair Play, and Good Sportsmanship for Young Athletes, Parents, and Coaches (with Rudy Ruettiger and Peter M. Leddy), (2005)
- The Way of the Shark (by Greg Norman), (Atria Books; 2006)
- On The Wing of Speed: George Washington and the Battle of Yorktown (DTP/Companion Books, 2006)
- Get in the Game: Eight Elements of Perseverance that Make the Difference (by Cal Ripken, Jr.), (Penguin, 2007)
- The Clinton Charisma: A Legacy of Leadership. (Palgrave MacMillan, 2007).
- The Architecture of Leadership (with Admiral James M. Loy), (Naval Inst. Press; 2008).
- Wiser in Battle: A Soldier’s Story (by Ricardo S. Sanchez, LTG Ret), (HarperCollins, 2008)
- A Deeper, Darker Truth: Tom Wilson’s Journey into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, (DTP/Companion Books, 2009)
- Unkind Donuts, (DTP/Companion Books, 2009)
- The Hidden Renoir, (DTP/Companion Books, 2010)
INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN SPEAKER AND LEADERSHIP CONSULTANT
Don Phillips has consulted, coordinated leadership seminars, and given motivational speeches for: U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Department of Commerce, Department of Transportation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Air Force, Drug Enforcement Administration, FBI, United Airlines, Oracle, Lockheed Martin, Pizza Hut, Federal Computer Week, National Executive Institute Associates, Major City Chief’s of Police, Southern Methodist University, and many others. [See Speaker page on this website.]
EXTENSIVE MEDIA EXPERIENCE
Don Phillips has appeared in many national and international media forums, including CBS, ABC, AP, Bloomberg Business, CNBC, FOX Morning Television, Voice of America English Language Broadcast, National Public Radio, C-Span Booknotes, The American Football Coaches Association, and The Aspen Institute.
Don Phillips has held numerous private leadership positions and has served with distinction in local city government, including: Mayor of Fairview, Texas (three terms) and Vice Chairman, Cranberry Township (Pennsylvania) Planning Commission. He also has more than twenty years of experience in business and industry holding various managerial/executive positions with major corporations in the Energy and Information Technology industries.